The brief for project management was distributed to us on Wednesday 14th sept. Ian and Pete had gone through with us the fundamental aspects of managing a creative production project along with the different tasks and criteria’s. After I then had an idea of sort of project I wanted to work on, which was creating a short film, we all then got into groups with others who were interested in the same sort of image. My group consists of 5 people, myself, Mala, Amy, Jess and Phil. Once we got together Ian had given us some time to correspond with each other and have some sort of inkling as what to have a short film about. We mostly all came to a decision of having our film based on just one person due to previous constraints in projects like creating a music video where it became difficult accommodating everyone involved also we believe it can be managed more easily. From having it based on one person we then all came to an understanding of making a documentary/sketch which acquires a purpose to it and is going to be about a fictitious character of a zombie starting university. Since then we have had project meetings whereby we discussed job roles and progressed on our ideas and enhanced them. In terms of job roles, we have Amy as our director, Jessica as our producer, I on script writing and on camera, Mala as location manager and set design and Phil on vision mixing and editing. I thought it would be essential for us all to carry out effective research to familiarise ourselves and so we are considering things together. Since, we have created agendas for our project meetings where I am chairperson with Mala who will be noting down the minutes. In our most recent project meeting we discussed what research needs to be carried out, pre-production work, resources, confirming job roles, filming locations, and what things we hope to have accomplished for our next project meeting.
I personally will be carrying out research and taking note of different documentaries and their conventions, sketches, start looking for available actors who can feature in our film and potentially gather props.
I personally will be carrying out research and taking note of different documentaries and their conventions, sketches, start looking for available actors who can feature in our film and potentially gather props.
No comments:
Post a Comment